Best Western Baltimore - Washington Airport
Location: US - MD - Elkridge
Job Summary: Manages the operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure orderly and attractive conditions in the hotel. Promotes an atmosphere of cleanliness and superior customer care for hotel guests.
* Hires, trains and evaluates department personnel.
* Directs all activities of the housekeeping and laundry departments in furnishing daily service to guest rooms and public areas. Schedules duties, such as heavy cleaning, mattress rotations, etc.
* Prepares work schedules for staff based on projected occupancy.
* Inspects premises, guest rooms, linen rooms, and public areas to assure employees maintain the property's superior standards of housekeeping.
* Maintains an inventory of guest and housekeeping supplies and linen, ordering replacement of supplies and equipment as needed.
* Creates a service environment focused on the guest, with a passion for high standards in cleanliness. Responds promptly to customer needs.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and develops alternative solutions.
* Coordinates staff training, including MSDS, OSHA, and safety policies.
* Maintains lost and found.
* Performs room attendant duties, when required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Three years prior hotel housekeeping experience. Supervisory experience desired.
* Basic accounting, purchasing and inventory skills.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Work Permit Needed:
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Entry Level Position:
Rooms - Front Office/Guest Services, Rooms - Housekeeping, Rooms - Rooms Director
Go to Hcareers | << Previous Job | | Next Job >>