Residence Inn Bronx at Metro Center Atrium
Location: US - NY - Bronx
Bronx, NY, US 10461
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Reports To: Greenway Maintenance Manager
Scheduled Hours: Full time – 40 Hours per Week
- Supervise entire housekeeping staff ensuring brand/hotel guest service and ensure standards are met.
- Demonstrate warmth, kindness, empathy and friendliness
- Serve our guests in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with Marriott standard. Display assertive hospitality with our guests. Take pride in all areas of service, quality, appearance, and cleanliness of self and hotel.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Supervise up to 16 Room Attendants.
- Deal promptly and effectively with guest complaints and requests.
- Inspect guest rooms and public areas on a daily basis to ensure standards of cleanliness.
- Conduct ongoing training of all housekeeping employees to increase job knowledge and skill level. Promote teamwork and employee morale.
- Assist in running pre-shift meeting, distribute keys and assignments to the staff
- On occasion, clean rooms or assist staff with cleaning rooms.
- Communicate all policies and procedures for housekeeping and special cleaning projects.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of linen rooms, laundry area, lost and found, storage rooms, employee break room, and Guest Room Attendant's carts.
- Ensure ready status of all rooms daily. Maintain key control.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through room cleanliness and attention to guest needs.
- Set heating/cooling equipment and radio on proper settings.
- Inspect room for maintenance needs and report on maintenance service requests.
- Perform daily general clean duties and changing of bedspreads, blankets, mattress pads and shower curtains as assigned.
- Log rooms cleaned on daily housekeeping report.
- Fold terry and linen while waiting for rooms.
- Know how to operate laundry equipment and maintain public area cleanliness.
- Must wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, walk, and stand up to 8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to reach, and lift up to 15 lbs. Must be able to push cart of approximately 50 lbs.
- Good vision with ability to see work assignment page, and ability to see imperfections such as hair on sheets, drains, carpet, etc.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience or equivalent training required.
- Able to work flexible schedule, varied shifts and days, including holidays and weekends.
- Understand and communicate in English.