Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of the Front Desk staff, quality service, guest satisfaction and safety. Supervises check-ins, check-outs, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Supervises the processing of guest bills and collection of payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.What you will be doing
- Supervise the Front Desk staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Supervise and process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Supervise and process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Supervise and process pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Other duties and tasks as requested by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer