A Select service Hotel located in the New Orleans surrounding area is now seeking an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it
becomes a necessity.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider,
adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers
• Must be able to work and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
New Orleans, LA
Posted on: 11/30/2016
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.