SUMMARY: The Housekeeping Supervisor is primarily responsible for managing the daily operations of the housekeeping staff. S/He will promote a safe working environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Housekeeping Supervisor will work with supervisors, inspectors, and other members of the housekeeping team to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Housekeeping Supervisor shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Supervise daily operations in maintenance and sanitation of the guestrooms, public areas, and pool/spa.
- Recommend and implement procedural changes.
- Prepare and adjust weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks and assign work duties to staff.
- Provide proper training and reinforcement to meet standards and requirements.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Promote sanitation, safety, security efforts, and guest services of the Hotel.
- Ensure equipment and facilities are inspected, cleaned, and in proper operational conditions at all times.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow hotel policy with lost/stolen items.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Complete monthly inventories of linen supplies, and equipment.
- Investigate new and improved cleaning methods and instruments.