A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for all aspects of the hotel operation being pro-active, creative and results driven.
Scope of Position
The Housekeeping Runner (Midnight) is responsible for maintaining a clean, well-stocked section assigned. He/She is responsible for maintaining cleanliness on guest floors and hallways assigned.
The Housekeeping Runner (Midnight) will report directly to the Night Manager.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Maintain the general upkeep of assigned section of guest floors.
- Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub-standard furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Perform general cleaning as scheduled.
- Keep emergency stairwells and service landings in order and remove excessive soiled linen or garbage.
- Fulfill any guests' request e.g. delivery of toiletries and any other requests.
- Supports room attendant in maintaining correct supplies and linen pars in closets and delivery of these supplies to the floors if needed.
- Respect guest privacy when room is on "Do Not Disturb".
- Offer all possible assistance to guest and respond to guest's request.
- Ensure master key is kept secure at all the time.
- Report maintenance deficiencies to the Night Manager.
- To receive call for collection of Laundry, Dry-Cleaning and Pressing.
- Collect guest laundry when requested, ensuring correct room number.
- Carry out other tasks as directed by the Night Manager.
- Make up room per guest's request.
Offer extra amenities per guest's request.(ref. 47582)