Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping storage and linen closets and other assigned areas. Additionally, s/he shall respond in a timely manner to meet the needs of housekeeping, management, front desk, dispatch and guest service calls. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for Destination Hotels.Essential Functions
- Be knowledgeable of all services/features and local attractions/activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries
- Monitor and maintain effective organization, layout, cleanliness, security, upkeep and maintenance of all storage closets and facilities
- Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible and ensure completion of all general cleaning duties as assigned; check in with supervisor for additional assignments throughout the shift
- Provides accurate key control and effective security for all keys, buildings and vehicles
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping storage closets and public areas as assigned
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or bodily fluids in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Follow proper procedures to report any damages or maintenance problems
- Handle lost and found items according to department and company procedures
- Report to work on time and according to posted schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or at least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules