At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Why You Want to Work for Us
Be part of a winning team at Benchmark Hospitality International at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa. Benchmark Hospitality International has determined our core set of values as: Integrity, Individual, Entrepreneurship, Partnership, Realism, Service and we believe in a balanced system of Living, Learning and Leisure.
These values are considered and applied in all aspects of our performance and relationships with others and everything we do has our guests, employees and owners in mind.
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
- The Room Attendant is responsible to ensure that standards of cleanliness in assigned guest rooms are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service, within established time limitations.
Responsibilities for this Position:
- Keep work cart orderly and properly stocked at all times.
- Inspect room linens before placing in rooms and return below standard pieces to Laundry.
- Proper utilization of equipment, supplies and guest amenities.
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest bathrooms & coffee mugs/glasses.
- Daily changing of soiled linens on beds and remaking beds following the property standards and those set forth in the Green Program.
- Thorough cleanliness of rooms, balconies and room furnishings.
- Constant awareness of safety hazards, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the Bloodborne Pathogens program.
- Strict follow through on lost and found procedures (for example anything found in rooms that are vacant must be turned to Front Desk directly). No articles should ever be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guests’ property should always be exercised.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Responsible care of equipment.
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, to maintain accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and co-workers at all times.
- Perform any projects or tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor, Manager &/or Inspector.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Must be able to speak conversational English.
- Housekeeping experience desirable.
- Neat, enthusiastic & pleasant personality.
- Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
Must be flexible to work weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Company Match Paid 401-k
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer