Housekeeping Room Attendant
Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dulles North
Location: US - VA - Ashburn
Feb 19, 2018
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain rooms/suites in compliance with hotel standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Check housekeeping cart for supplies, stock as needed.
- Greet guests immediately with friendly/sincere acknowledgement.
- Strip dirty linens/towels and remove used amenities from the room/suite.
- Clean rooms/suites as assigned, which includes; making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and washing windows.
- Replenish linen and guest amenities.
- Respond to special requests by guests (such as providing extra amenities or service time requests).
- Provide customer service to guests, including information about hotel services, activities and local attractions
- Assist co-workers as requested
- Provide general public assistance, instruction and/or guidance for guests and employee safety in the event of an emergency
- Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training
- Keep work area neat and organized
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen and ironing boards
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles
- Ability to recognize and read room numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of room standards
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations
- Must be able to stand for long periods (3+ hours) of time
US $11.00-US $12.00 / Hour
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.