Housekeeping Room Attendant
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
Location: US - NC - Raleigh
Raleigh, NC, US 276011
Interested applicants MUST apply online at www.pmhotelgroup.com in order to be considered for this position.
To clean and stock guest rooms to ensure PM Hotel Group’s high standards of cleanliness.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
• Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
• Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
• Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
• Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
• Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest rooms.
• Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment. Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
- must be able to make 15+ rooms
- have housekeeping experience
- be flexible