Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the guest rooms, public areas, back of the house areas such as linen room and laundry areas, according to company procedures and at a level that meets or exceeds company standards.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Stocks cart to ensure that enough cleaning needs, equipment and amenities are available to properly clean each room.
- Observes knocking procedures upon entering a guest room.
- Cleans the guest rooms assigned. Ensures the amenities are stocked for each cleaned room. Completes entire housekeeping checklist.
- Reports clean rooms to supervisor for inspection.
- Reports any damages or hazards that are present in guest rooms, i.e., burned out light bulbs, broken furniture, broken lights, etc.
- Secures guest room doors upon exiting the room.
- Keeps the corridors and service area neat at all times.
- Turns in all lost and found items and all guest room keys.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to management.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
- Perform any related duties as requested by management.
- Assists other Housekeeping Personnel when need.
- Push Heavy carts.
- Bend and reach to dust, clean and make beds
- Stand and walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods.
- Talk to many different kinds of people to give information, answer questions and provide required services.
- Visually inspect rooms for cleanliness and guest belongings that have been left behind.
- Use written communication skills to mark completed rooms on daily paperwork.
- Move fingers, arms and hands quickly and easily to perform cleaning duties.
- Lift all equipment and supplies on and off cart.
- Pushing two hundred (200) pound carts
- Lifting fifty (50) pounds maximum.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.