Housekeeping Room Attendant
Loews Annapolis Hotel, a 215 newly renovated hotel in the Historic District and revamped West Street district is currently recruiting for a Housekeeping Room Attendant. The Room Attendant is responsible for providing spotless and detailed cleaning and upkeep to our guest rooms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Reports to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, in accordance with the company’s personal appearance standards
- Cleans and sanitizes all assigned rooms and bathrooms
- Follows the designated sequence of room assignments
- Cleans guestroom windows and balconies to hotel standards
- Replaces all amenities and linens according to hotel standards
- Keeps cart and linen closets clean and orderly
- Reports irregularities such as hot-plates, pets, suspicious persons and behavior, unusual items, and activities to Supervisor
- Notifies Supervisors of discrepancies such as vacant rooms, etc.
- Turns in lost and found items as per department standard
- Reports items of value left unsecured in hallways and guestrooms
- Cleans assigned rooms within shift time requirements, passing all inspections
- Removes Room Service trays from guest room and places in appropriate location in service corridor, notifies Room Service of tray location
- Replaces burned out light bulbs according to hotel standards
- Assists in preparation and deep cleaning of VIP rooms
- Cleans spots on walls and carpets
- Completes special cleaning projects
- Restocks Room Attendant caddies
- Refills cleaning bottles with chemicals according to department guidelines
- Applies excellent guest relations skills when interacting with guests
- Interacts with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Anticipates guest needs, demonstrating sensitivity and responsiveness, ensuring complete guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Familiar/knowledgeable about the hotel and able to explain the locations and operating hours of hotel facilities
- Satisfies guest requests for information and services
- Demonstrates a friendly attitude to co-workers and all other hotel staff
- Treats guests and other employees with courtesy and respect
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude that ensures the best guest experience
- Gives recognition to repeat guests
- Follows procedures when entering guest rooms, always keeping the guest’s need for privacy in mind
- Handles all guest complaints according to Star Service Standards, notifies Supervisor of actions taken
- Adheres to OSHA regulations and hotel policies and procedures regarding emergencies, safe work practices, and wearing of protective gear as necessary
- Adheres to OSHA regulations and hotel cleaning policies and procedures to ensure professional appearance of hotel
- Thorough knowledge of proper cleaning methods for various surfaces
- Uses proper chemicals when cleaning as described by the department’s procedures
- Thorough knowledge of proper carpet and upholstery care policies and procedures
- Adheres to established cleaning schedules and methods to extend life of carpet and professional appearance of hotel
- Performs all duties in a timely and professional manner
- Performs a visual inspection before leaving any areas
- Follows procedures for issuance and return of room keys, prioritizing of rooms, record-keeping, and status updates
- Reads departmental bulletin board on a daily basis
- Observes guidelines for using and maintaining all pertinent equipment
- Follows policies and procedures in preparing for and performing turndown service
- Attends all department meetings as scheduled
- Maintains assigned closets and employee areas in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Special projects and duties as assigned
The position is full time and reports to the Housekeeping Manager. As a full time team member, the candidate will be eligible for benefits including low cost health/dental and vision after 90 days of employment, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, free life insurance, low cost optional short and long term disability, free on site parking, free uniforms, free shift meals, free uniform cleaning, excellent team member travel benefits, career development, and a fun work environment!
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Drug free employer
To be considered for the position, please submit your resume via www.loewshotels.com/en/careers or hcareers.
The Housekeeping room attendant will be assigned up to 16 rooms per day to be cleaned, more based on staffing and and hotel occupancy. Cleaning guest rooms is HARD work, and the most qualified candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Service orientated.
- Previous experience in customer service role
- Dependable work history
- Proven history of detail orientation
- Able to work as part of a dynamic quality-driven team
- Basic English language skills
- Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Preferred skills and experience include previous experience in a hotel setting. Experience as a room attendant is helpful but not required.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V