Housekeeping Room Attendant
Blue Mountain Resort
Location: CA - ON - Blue Mountain
Blue Mountain, ON, CA L9Y 3Z2
Positions available: Full Time Seasonal and CORE (full time year round with health benefits)
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned to Blue Mountain/Westin brand standards, according to our detailed training programs. This position is essential to the success of the Lodging Department because it ensures that we are able to provide our guests with clean rooms and exceed their expectations of lodging service quality.
- Providing exemplary customer service by meeting our four service promises: engaging each guest; providing enthusiastic and friendly service; anticipating guest needs; and taking ownership.
- Perform essential duties of the daily housekeeping services in assigned units and common areas to standard, within specified time limits.
- Cleaning of guest rooms includes: making beds, changing linens as required, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture to original position and replenish amenities.
- Cleaning the bathroom inside the guest room includes: cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, faucets, vanities, tubs, showers, walls and toilets.
- Cleaning the kitchen inside the guest room includes: loading/emptying the dishwasher, cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, taps, dishes, cupboards, fridge, stovetop, oven and microwave.
- Ensure all kitchen inventory is accounted for and replaced/reported.
- Updating and prioritizing rooms to be cleaned.
- Deep Cleaning units annually in a team, including assisting with moving furniture, high dusting and full clean of unit.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining a clean/organized working environment at all times – this includes the linen lock-up, housekeeping carts, vacuums etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as seen fit or directed.
- Clean common area as required (may include night cleaning).
- Handle guests’ complaints and take action to resolve problems – inform leadership when required.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized working and public areas.
- Physically fit and able to:
- lift up to 25 pounds on a continuous basis and lift up to 45 pounds (with assistance) occasionally throughout the day.
- Push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100lbs on a continuous basis
- Bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Handle repetitive physical motions, such as standing, sitting, stretching and bending
- Team Orientated
- Proven ability to work under tight time demands
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail
- Previous experience in housekeeping an asset
Working at Blue really PAYS off!
Are you a student in high school? Earn money towards your post-secondary education with TAP! Check it out, https://www.bluemountain.ca/employment/why-blue/tuition-assistance-program.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.