Housekeeping Room Attendant
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Room Attendant to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Room Attendant will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Rooms Department to ensure we provide a fantastic first impression as we welcome our guests to ensure a memorable experience.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
· Clean guest rooms and stock with appropriate supplies in the prescribed manner while following
safety and security procedures and regulations. To include but not limited to:
o Picking up trash
o Changing linen and making the bed
o Cleaning entire bathroom
o Sweeping and dusting guest room
o Cleaning the windows and balcony
· Retrieve, stock, restock and store the housekeeping cart according to prescribed housekeeping, safety and security procedures and regulations.
· Receive assigned section, keys, supplies and any priority room requests from the Senior Housekeeper. Turn in keys and unused supplies at end of shift.
· Respond to guest requests and report guest issues and complaints in a hospitable manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Report any missing articles, damage or mechanical problems to the Senior Housekeeper and turn in articles left in room.
· Regular attendance in conformance with standards
· May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel
· Required to attend all training sessions and meetings
· Ability to perform “Physical Requirements” and “Mental Effort Requirements” as explained below.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
Must be able to communicate in English.
Must have the ability to clean rooms during an eight-hour working day
Self-starting personality with an even disposition
Ability to meet standards of appearance
Can communicate well with guest
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V