The Guest Service Associate (Front Desk Agent) is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy and effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management.
The Guest Service Associate is also responsible for cleaning public areas (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning public bathroom) and maintaining laundry (washing/drying/folding sheets & towels)
· Greet and welcome all guests approaching the front desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.·
· Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the front desk computer system.
· Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
· Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
· Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
· Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
· Maintain a clean work area.
Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
· Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
· Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests.
· Review Front Office log daily.
· Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
· Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
· Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions.
· Be familiar with all in-house groups.
· Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
· Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.