Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position will supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned Housekeeping staff ensuring that all procedures are completed to the established standards. This person will assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.Essential Functions
- Supervise staff in the performance of all daily procedures to ensure they are performed to standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities
- Inspect guest rooms, guest corridors, elevator foyer area, vending area, service area including linen closet, staff restroom and storage area
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, restaurants, spa, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by respective personnel, using designated checklists
- Assist staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards for guests
- Strong Communicational Skills.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal. Spanish is a plus.
- Sewing Skills.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
- Ability to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers