Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewProvide clerical/secretarial and administrative support for the Housekeeping department, including dictation, typing, computer input, filing, tracing, answering telephones, printing reports, payroll, maintaining employee files and departmental records/logs.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of:
- all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- all guest room layouts, bed types, décor, appointments, amenities, locations, numbers/names
- housekeeping services available for guests.
- available laundry/dry cleaning services and hours of operation.
- Access all functions of computer.
- Properly open and close the department, by creating and changing assignments as needed.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Complete supply requisitions and submit to Manager; stock office supplies upon receipt.
- Print designated reports and distribute accordingly.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and distribute to Engineering. Monitor completion of work orders submitted.
- Communicate departmental and guest needs as they arise with respective Housekeeping personnel by beeper/radio.
- Answer Housekeeping telephone.
- Document all guest requests for Housekeeping items/services and assign to respective personnel/departments for completion. Follow up on guest satisfaction.
- Issue Housekeeping items to Assistant Housekeepers for delivery to guest rooms. Follow up on return of items.
- Establish and maintain filing procedures.
- Retrieve and distribute departmental mail.
- Type correspondence and reports as assigned.
- Prepare employee daily/weekly payroll and submit to manager.
- Document pertinent information in departmental log book.
- Review status of incomplete work and follow-up actions with manager before leaving.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.