Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland, just several blocks from Carnegie Mellon University as well as several UPMC hospitals. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Nearby attractions include Heinz Field, Consol Energy Center, PNC Park, Kennywood Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, and Point State Park.
Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
is a non-Executive Committee department head responsible for ensuring the operation of the housekeeping department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently maximizing service levels.
Duties & Job Functions:
• Motivate, develop, and manage associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
• Manage the interviewing process of candidates and follow standards for hiring approvals.
• Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
• Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
• Ensure compliance with SOP’s and procedures in department.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
• Ensure the training of department supervisors, and associates on SOP’s, report preparation and technical job tasks.
• Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
• Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
• Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
• Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
• Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
• Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
• Inspect all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
• Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
• Maintain required pars of all housekeeping and laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
• Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
• Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Wyndham procedures.
• Monitor work orders and submit to engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
• Conduct daily pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
• Respond to emergency situations using information contained in SDS sheets. Keep SDS sheets current and easily available.
• Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
• Review housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
• Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
• Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant and show rooms.
• Must maintain constant communication with guest services.
• MOD coverage every other Sunday.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.