The Mark Hotel
Location: US - NY - New York
Sep 3, 2017
- Follow payroll and key procedures.
- Collect room and floor status report sheets for assigned work areas and assign rooms to Housekeepers as needed.
- Train housekeeping employees to achieve the standards of cleanliness in guests rooms.
- Make recommendations and follow through on disciplinary action for assigned staff.
- Provide exceptional guest service.
- Inspect guest rooms, including VIP, vacant, occupied and check-out rooms, to insure the standards are being are being achieved by each employee.
- Monitor the performance of floor house persons so there are sufficient supplies on the guest floor and the hallways, stairwells, elevator, service area and guest room doors, tracks linen closets and armoires are maintained according to standards.
- Interpret all departmental policies, procedures and established standard.
- Coordinate work orders in assigned areas and follow up on inspections.
- Monitor and direct progress of housekeepers and house persons in rooms that are undergoing deep cleaning.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Make shore floor storage areas and closets are kept in an orderly and clean fashion.
- The ability to inspect armoires to ensure all items are stocked in orderly fashion and in sufficient quantities.
- Handle all lost and found items according to procedure.
Requirements: The ideal candidate for this job should have:
- 2 years housekeeping in a luxury hotel.
- A strong understanding of operational controls, budgeting, forecasting and scheduling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to train and develop team members.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills.
- Experience working in a union environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Rooms - Housekeeping