The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the Housekeeping Department and the duties associated with running the department at the Element Vaughan Southwest. This individual reports directly to the General Manager.
- Inspect and check the work of assigned employees to ensure cleanliness, sanitation and orderliness of assigned areas.
- Submit daily inspection and progress reports to General Manager.
- Responsible for the hiring and training of new staff.
- Report all repairs to maintenance.
- Check and maintain adequate level of supplies and material and request replenishment of supplies as required.
- Report any misconduct to the General Manager.
- Work with Front Desk and Maintenance Departments regarding the status of rooms ensuring that guest requirements are met according to Hotel policy.
- Responsible for Inventory Levels and Ordering of All guest room amenity items
- Ensure adherence to Hotel policy regarding security of bedrooms and keys.
- Daily checking of bedrooms and designated staff areas, public areas maintaining standards by Hotel policy.
- Ensure the safe storage issue and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment as directed by manufacturers on their Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ensure the correct handling of lost guest property in accordance with Hotel procedures.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures as detailed in the standards & procedures while ensuring accurate completion of any reports.
- Complete and conduct employee Performance Reviews as required by hotel policy
- Assist with team member orientation and training within the department as required by Hotel policy
- Attend meetings as requested and contribute new ideas to the overall success of the operation.
- Maintain standards of punctuality, uniform presentation and personal hygiene as required by Hotel policy
- Work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to develop team spirit and to achieve standards of work and Guest care by Hotel policy.
- Be familiar with appropriate action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
- Ensuring all guest comments and complaints are acted upon in accordance with Hotel policy.
- Carry out jobs as required within the department to reduce workload or meet deadlines.
- Maintaining par inventory levels and conducting monthly inventory checks.
- Any other tasks as designated by the General Manager.
- Ensure room standards are maintained.
- Help to prepare work schedules to ensure all jobs are covered in assigned areas.
- Complete payroll entry on a weekly/biweekly basis.
- Schedule special projects, including seasonal cleaning of all guestrooms.
- Ensure purchasing and labour remains within budget constraints.
*Other duties as required by Brand Standards
- Must possess a very friendly and outgoing personality towards guests and team members at all times
- Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 3 years Housekeeping experience and must bring a mature approach to service.
- Candidates must be able to effectively communicate with guests and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Successful applicant will be a self-starter with excellent organization, presentation, and customer service and communication skills.
- Strong literacy skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer knowledge preferred with experience using excel and word.
For interested parties, please submit your covering letter and resume to:
John Caneco, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org