Hires, trains, and manages the work and evaluates the performance of the housekeeping team members. Serves as a member of the hotel’s leadership team.
· Inspects guest rooms, meeting rooms, public spaces, and hallways for cleanliness and order.
· Coordinates cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, in coordination with front desk and maintenance personnel. Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
· Trains and coaches housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and room placement job tasks and in completion of daily schedules. Conducts new employee training.
· Manages the labor costs within budget standards and staffing guidelines for rooms sold.
· Follows facility safety and security guidelines, ensures key control, emergency response, safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage by housekeeping team members.
· Manages supply inventory and monitors storage procedures and Housekeeper / House Attendant cart arrangements.
· Ensures safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage procedures.
· Develops work schedules and coordinates staff work assignments in conjunction with facility staffing guidelines.
· Conducts regular tours of work areas, reviewing housekeeping efforts of staff and checking for productivity in completion of assignments.
· Ensures that facility complies with brand quality performance standards.
· Maintains effective guest relationships.
· Ensures staff compliance with professional dress and grooming standards.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong leadership skills and work ethic.
· Must be able to communicate by reading, writing, and verbal command of English
· Ability to speak Spanish preferred
· Must have experience using a computer to enter and access information.
· Time Management capability to lead others to accomplish work within established parameters
· Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
· Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome – clean, organized and refreshed hotel property – through and with others
· Composure to respond calmly to unexpected changes in occupancy, scheduling, or team member attendance
· Previous experience required.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k Paid Time Off
Management Position: Yes