Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor is looking for full time associates. If you are looking for a career to take our Service Initiatives to the Next Level in a newly 12 million dollar renovated hotel then you may have the potential to become an associate.
The Housekeeping Houseperson/Utility is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.). This candidate is in charge of working various project along with other duties. This candidate must be flexible to work various shifts.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Use daily checklist to complete projects listed below as assigned.
a. Elevator lobbies
b. Ash urns
c. Glass tables
e. Ice machines/vending machines
f. Elevator doors/frames
g. Service landing/linen closets
h. Stair wells
i. Polish floors
j. Other projects as assigned by management
· Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
· Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
· At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
· Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
· Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
· Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
· Vacuum guest corridors.
· Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip beds, etc.)
· Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.