Our Houseman plays an important role in the Housekeeping Department - they will support the team in cleaning the public areas, assisting the Housekeepers with stripping rooms and delivering linen. The Houseman position requires strength, flexibility and a positive attitude.
You will be expected to the following:
- Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors.
- Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Obtain amenities and supplies for room attendants.
- Turn mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor
- Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
- Assist shampooers with relocation of furniture.
- Respond to guest questions and provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Safety/Security department.
- Provide instruction/guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Support the department in any area that will maintain the building and guest service to hotel standards.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
- Experience working in a housekeeping role
- Ability to learn and apply hazardous chemical training standards during new hire introductory period.
- Ability to exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel