Loews Annapolis Hotel is a beautiful upscale 215 room full service Hotel in downtown Annapolis. Proud home of the BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom, we also boast 20,000 square feet of function space in our Hotel and Historic Powerhouse. Voted Annapolis' Best Hotel in 2016, we are just a few blocks away from the Historic district, the waterfront area and the downtown shops.
For more information about Loews Annapolis Hotel, please visit our website at www.loewshotels.com/annapolis
We are currently seeking a full time Housekeeping Houseperson that is available to work either AM or PM shifts.
The position ensures the highest level of cleanliness and safety in all public and back of the house areas of the hotel. Promotes excellent public relations and 100% guest satisfaction. Works as a valuable member of a dedicated professional team. Primarily, the Houseperson's in the Hotel support the Housekeeping Room attendants by pulling linens from the rooms, stripping guest rooms, stocking housekeeping closets and other housekeeping support.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- All soiled linens and bed covers will be removed from the room as assigned
- All sheets and pillow cases will be removed from beds in rooms as assigned, and replenished linens placed on the bed on a daily basis.
- Remove trash from rooms assigned
- Vacuum all rooms and area corridors as assigned
- Replenish the lines and room amenities and supplies on the Room Attendant’s cart
- Remove and replace soiled shower curtains/liners/bedding, as needed
- Spot clean carpet, walls and doors of stains as needed.
- Report to the Department Manager/Supervisor when guest room/corridor areas need to be shampooed
- Cleans front area of hotel, sweeps floors and sidewalks; cleans doors, frames, signs, and windows
- Cleans and dusts lobby areas
- Cleans and restocks all assigned restrooms
- Removes trash from all assigned areas
- Uses proper chemicals when cleaning as described by the department’s procedures
- Immediately reports maintenance deficiencies, damage, or loss to Housekeeping department
- Polishes all metal around lobby areas
- Turns lost and found items into Security in accordance with hotel standards
- Other duties as assigned, this list is not all inclusive.
As a full time team member, the houseperson will be eligible to participate in excellent benefits that include:
- Health, medical and dental benefits after 90 days of employment
- Free uniforms and uniform care
- Free shift meals and Free on site parking
- Paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal/sick time
- Free life insurance
Low cost access to short and long term disability benefits
- Optional health and dependent care FSA
- 401k with company match
- Access to team member travel discounts with Loews Hotels
- Access to fitness discounts with 24 hour fitness
- Competitive pay within a fast paced, fun working environment that supports growth and development
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Read and write basic English language skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Good visual acuity
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work 7 hours standing and bending
- Able to communicate well in conversational English
Candidates interested in the position should submit their resume to www.loewshotels.com/careers-en
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Drug free employer, we participate in E-verify
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V