Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
The role of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to ensure that the cleaning and servicing of guestrooms, public areas, back of house and landings meet Omni four star/four diamond standards.Responsibilities
- Inspect the cleaning and servicing of guestrooms and public areas
- Assign special projects as directed by the Director of Housekeeping.
- Report any needed repairs or discrepancies of guest rooms.
- Ensure that all Guest Room Attendants have appropriate supplies and linens.
- Assist in the cleaning of guest rooms when necessary.
- Assist in processing AM and PM room status reports.
- Ensure that the Guest Room Attendant’s linen cart is neat and well organized.
- Ensure that linen closets on guest room floors are completely stocked.
- Maintain supply cage stock, neat and clean at all times.
- Must have all guest rooms punched in via the phone after completion.
- Ensure VIP rooms are inspected ASAP.
- Ensure check out/vacated rooms are a priority.
- Knowledge of hotel, facilities and events.
- To ensure hotel, guest and associates are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Housekeeping experience required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates and guests in person or via a cellular telephone/radio
- Must be able to read and understand daily work assignments
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 250 pounds frequently
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.