· Ensure employees are at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Inspect all rooms assigned to Room Attendants on a daily basis to ensure that standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
· Notify Room Attendant(s) of any deficiencies found in the room and note on the attendant’s board. Ensure the Room Attendant returns to the room to correct the deficiency, when applicable. Re-inspect the corrected room.
· In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. and WynClub rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
· Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants’ carts are clean and restocked.
· Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office daily.
· Maintain key control.
· Supervise Laundry employees, when applicable.
· Communicate with Guest Services regarding information about discrepant rooms. Physically check the room to determine status.
· Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
· Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering.
· Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring each Room Attendant and House Attendant carries a work assignment.
· Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants’ carts, linen closets, control
closets, stairways and landings.
· Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's
supervision to the Guest Services Manager according to hotel standards.