Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned Room Attendants, Turndown Attendants and Floor Attendants, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel's standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Verify room status on AM report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of checkout rooms.
* Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
* Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
* Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
* Identify situations, which compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
* Inspect supply levels, cleanliness and organization of floor closets. Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
* Check Room Attendant's carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems. Instruct designated personnel to correct deficiencies.
* Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants, using designated checklist. Ensure rooms are cleaned to the hotel specifications. Follow up on corrections; directly contact Room Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
* Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
* Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
* Check DNR rooms in accordance with hotel procedures and verify status.
* "Mark" dirty sheets of randomly selected assigned rooms and follow up to ensure Room Attendants have changed bed sheets.
* Counsel Room Attendants on any discrepancies.
* Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by Floor/Lobby Attendants, using designated checklists.
* Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated standards. Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
* Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Housekeeping Clerk. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
* Accommodate guest requests for Housekeeping items or additional supplies expediently and courteously. Follow up on delivery and return of all such items.
* Conduct training of staff as assigned.
* Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Provide feedback on staff performance to manager. Report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
* Respond to all pages by beeper promptly.
* Document pertinent information in department log book.
* Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
* PM - Check PM reports for accuracy and completeness. Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
* Successful completion of the training/certification process.
* Assist in other areas of Housekeeping as assigned.
* Attend designated meetings.
* Make up cribs and rollaway beds.
* Stock Housekeeping supplies.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* 2 years' experience as Room Attendant. Supervisory role preferred.
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
* Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
* Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
* Ability to provide legible communication.
* Ability to do basic arithmetic.
* High school graduate.
* Any supervisory experience.
* Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.