Vail's newest luxury hotel, Hotel Talisa, debuting after a multimillion-dollar renovation, offers 285 new accommodations with sophisticated décor and luxurious bathrooms and existing vacation residences. Savor global cuisine within the new restaurant, fireside lounge and upscale market, an inventive après scene with majestic fireside mountain views, blissful spa treatments, relaxing water therapy with a steam and sauna and top-ranked fitness offerings at the over 58,000 ft. Club & Spa, and a premiere ski-in/ski-out offering with an on-property ski lift and ski concierge and bespoke year-round alpine experiences. All just five minutes from Vail Village!
Job OverviewThe Housekeeping Dispatcher is responsible for creating an attentive and positive approach to all communication through the Housekeeping department from Guests and Staff.
- Answer all calls to Housekeeping Department in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Facilitate request to appropriate team member so that request are handled in a timely manner.
- Dispatch guest/staff calls to appropriate parties.
- Enter maintenance issues into HotSos as requested.
- Maintain daily call log and message book.
- Administer guest call backs to ensure request have been fulfilled.
- Continually communicates with Front Office and Floor Supervisors to verify status of all guest rooms.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date room status information in PMS.
- Communicate necessary guest information to the appropriate departments.
- Reconcile boards and keys at end of shift.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all guest related matters.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior hospitality experience, preferably within the Housekeeping Department of a full service luxury resort preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write, hear and understand the English and Spanish language.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to sustain composure at all times and remain calm during difficult situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Requires sitting to a significant degree.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for 8+ hours.
- Excellent office skills including experience with Microsoft Office & Windows, office procedures, filing systems, and equipment.
- Must be able to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules. Maintain schedule availability to provide the best assistance to the job related responsibilities to include but not limited to guest expectations.