Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - FL - Stuart
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and Missouri, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Our Community *Inspired Surroundings for Sophisticated Seniors…* Awarded the "Senior Housing News Architecture & Design Award," Allegro's outstanding Stuart Florida community offers unsurpassed independent, assisted living and memory care services with the lifestyle amenities and attentive service of a 5 star resort.
The Housekeeping Director is responsible for creating and maintaining management systems to ensure effective and efficient operation of the Housekeeping Department. This includes administration of cost-effective measures to promote a safe, well-maintained, clean environment for residents and associates. Position entails ongoing training and supervision according to Company policies and procedures.
Areas of Responsibility:
* Implement Housekeeping policies and procedures to meet residents' needs in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
* Supervise the entire operation of the Housekeeping Department, including laundry, floor care, apartments, and all common areas including exterior vestibules and entries.
* Recruit, train, manage, motivate, and evaluate Housekeeping associates according to Company policies and procedures.
* Develop and implement cleaning schedules for the Housekeeping Department.
* Communicate with Sales & Marketing associates daily regarding resident move-in dates.
* Routinely inspect ready units and flag units to ensure they remain in a ready status.
* Routinely patrol the exterior of the building, entrances, grounds, parking and driveway areas and take necessary steps to maintain all exterior areas free of debris and trash.
* Follow the Community Hazard Communications Program and train Housekeeping associates regarding this program.
* Keep laundry rooms, housekeeping/linen rooms and janitor closets clean and adequately stocked with supplies.
* Oversee management of linens to assure appropriate supply and matching of residents' linens.
* Order supplies using Company purchase orders in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
* Maintain the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in the SDS book and train Housekeeping associates in the use of the SDS book.
* Ensure that personal protective equipment is available where required and train Housekeeping associates in its use.
* Organize and maintain all records necessary to operate the Housekeeping Department.
* Supervise cleaning procedures in accordance with Community procedures.
* Supervise waste disposal procedures in accordance with Community practice.
* Supervise proper care and use of housekeeping equipment.
* Plan and manage Housekeeping budget within approved guidelines and according to Company policies and procedures.
* Dispense Housekeeping equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
* Routinely inspect and ensure that common areas are kept clean, to include stairways.
* Write work orders to replace all light bulbs in the common areas and apartments that are not operational.
* Perform all duties in an effective, timely and professional manner.
* Observe infection control procedures.
* Provide services and interactions throughout the Community which delight residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
* Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
* Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Executive Director (ED).
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and a name tag when on duty, and coach Housekeeping associates to meet this same standard.
* Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the ED following the Company policies and procedures.
* Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the ED as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
* Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
* Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community and Company information deemed as such.
* Other duties as assigned.