Christiania at VailAn authentic Bavarian-styled Lodge featuring 22 charming Rooms/Suites, as well as privately owned vacation residences situated in the heart of Vail Village. This premier boutique property is truly ski-in/out from Gondola One and just steps away from world renowned restaurants & shopping. Guests looking for the comforts of home will find them here in our cozy, intimate European setting that encourages outdoor exploration and indoor relaxation.
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping storage and linen closets and other assigned areas. Additionally, s/he shall respond in a timely manner to meet the needs of housekeeping, management, front desk, dispatch and guest service calls. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for Destination Hotels.Essential Functions
- Be knowledgeable of all services/features and local attractions/activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries
- Monitor and maintain effective organization, layout, cleanliness, security, upkeep and maintenance of all storage closets and facilities
- Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible and ensure completion of all general cleaning duties as assigned; check in with supervisor for additional assignments throughout the shift
- Provides accurate key control and effective security for all keys, buildings and vehicles
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping storage closets and public areas as assigned
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or bodily fluids in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Follow proper procedures to report any damages or maintenance problems
- Handle lost and found items according to department and company procedures
- Report to work on time and according to posted schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or at least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules
- Able to work for the winter season until the end of April 2018 when Vail Mountain closes.
- Able to work 8am-4:30pm.