We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in guest rooms and common areas of the hotel.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sorts, counts, folds, marks, and carries linens.
• Cleans rooms in accordance to specific brand and company standards.
• Cleans guest rooms, including guest bathrooms and kitchen area if applicable, according to company and franchise standards including, but not limited to making beds; emptying wastebaskets; emptying and cleaning ashtrays; moving furniture; hanging drapes;
sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; and dusting furniture.
• Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses, writing, bathroom supplies, and linen.
• Deep cleans areas as directed by supervisor including, but not limited to cleaning rugs, upholstered furniture, and draperies; washing walls, ceilings, and woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
• Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.