A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Part time or Full time.
In Resort or Residences.
Cleans all public areas including entrances, doorways, sidewalks, restrooms, restaurants, meeting areas and lobbies. Reports damage, mechanical deficiencies, suspicious activities or theft.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums floors in assigned areas according to department procedures.
- Dusts all furniture, pictures and shelves. Polishes wood, marble and other materials in public view. Cleans glass windows, doors and partitions.
- Empties trash receptacles and replaces trash bags.
- Thoroughly cleans restrooms, including sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents and/or floors with appropriate cleaning agents.
- Immediately reports any noted repairs or maintenance of guestroom, public areas, or back of the house areas.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- May assist with other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Returns any items found in public areas to the Housekeeping department and logs appropriate information such as the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
- Prior housekeeping experience in a hotel environment preferred.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures. Completes required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
The Balboa Bay Resort is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.