At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Excellent customer service skills.
Pleasant and helpful personality.
High School or GED; college degree preferred
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to follow directions.
Housekeeping experience desirable.
Neat, pleasant personality.
Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
- A true desire to promote and develop harmonious inter-departmental relationship with other departments.
- Provide warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests & make good eye contact with each guest.
- Maintain the cleanliness of assigned guests floors by high dusting of walls, vacuuming, refilling, cleaning and stamping of sand urns. Clean and polish guest and service elevator door tracks. Mark removal of hallway wallpaper. Dust and wash hallway lights. Wash hallway windows. Clean vending machine rooms.
- Assist Room Attendants with heavy lifting and trash removal.
- Ensure that linen closets are stocked with all guest room supplies and collateral.
- Maintain proper allotment of linens in linen closet.
- Responsible for removing trash and soiled linens from Room Attendants carts throughout the day.
- Responsible for cleanliness of linen closets in assigned areas, including sweeping and mopping.
- Clean emergency stairways, including sweeping and mopping and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Responsible care of equipment and machines.
- Constant awareness of safety hazards (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office.
- Follow all training procedures set forth in the “Bloodborne Pathogens Program” and practice safety standards at all times.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and co-workers at all times. Practice safety standards at all times.
- Responsible care of equipment.
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, to maintain accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and co-workers at all times.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand.
- Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain uniform and grooming standards as outlined in employee handbook and training.
- Attend to any requests by guests.
- Ensure areas are clean and unobtrusive requiring bending and lifting equipment to appropriate areas, straitening kneeling and bending to store equipment on storage shelves. Must be able to bend and walk to sweep, mop, and vacuum.
- Provide assistance in other job classifications as determined necessary by an immediate superior.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry and push.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Maintain open communication with management and other employees.
- Be well organized and efficient.
Indoor work with hard and carpeted surfaces. Occasional outdoor work. Good ventilation with artificial lighting.