At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Provide an immaculate housekeeping experience in regards to cleaning, servicing, and maintaining guest floors.
- Ensuring all linen closets are properly and efficiently stocked
- Ensuring that Room Attendants are supplied with the proper tools they need to succeed
- Ensuring guest floors are kept in immaculate conditions at all times and in accordance with the standards of The Holiday Inn World’s Fair Park
- Participate in creating a culture and environment where teamwork is encouraged and promoted in order to exceed the expectations of our guests
All Housepersons ensure standards are met in regards to cleanliness, service, and maintenance for all rooms and guest floors of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK. Housepersons interact with guests and fellow team members in a professional and polite manner at all times. Housepersons use consistent and efficient methods at all times in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK.
- Housepersons must perform all duties and job functions in accordance with OSHA regulations and safety standards.
- Housepersons must ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of guest floors in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK.
- Housepersons must remove all trash collected by room attendants.
- Housepersons are responsible for cleaning and servicing hallways on guest floors.
- Housepersons must ensure all dust has been removed from guest floors.
- Housepersons are responsible for collecting soiled linens from guest rooms and delivering soiled linens to Laundry, appropriately labeled (if applicable)
- Housepersons are responsible for fully stocking linen closets in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK.
- Housepersons must inspect and sort linens in accordance with the standards of The Holiday Inn World’s Fair Park
- Housepersons are responsible for picking up clean linen and refilling the par stock of linen in the closets on each guest floor.
- Housepersons deliver towels, toiletries, cribs, rollaway beds, and other items to the guest room on request.
- Housepersons are to walk all assigned floors at the beginning, middle, and end of each shift
- Housepersons are responsible for assisting Room Attendants with heavy lifting
- Housepersons maintain a continuous and positive relationship with other departments as well as the entire Housekeeping department, in order to guarantee guests are receiving quality services that exceed their expectations.
- Housepersons must uphold the culture and standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK at all times.
- Housepersons must be exemplary ambassadors of the property and brand.
- Housepersons must participate in all line-ups and departmental meetings, unless otherwise excused in advance by a Supervisor or Manager.
- Housepersons must remain knowledgeable of all hotel information and events.
- Housepersons are responsible for completing any training certifications or retraining as directed by a Manager, Supervisor, or Human Resources.
Housepersons are considered Heart of House team members.
- Housepersons work with the entire Housekeeping department.
- Housepersons interact face to face with guests and are on the floor the entire shift.
A hotel where the employees are empowered and given the freedom to creatively and resourcefully anticipate the guest’s wishes and needs and to follow through to ensure execution is flawless.
Departmental environment is in accordance with OSHA regulations and safety standards. Housepersons must contribute to a respectful, courteous, and team-oriented Housekeeping department environment.
Create the “WOW” factor
- Responsible for the cleanliness, service, and maintenance in regards to the housekeeping of all guest floors at THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK. Responsible for acting as “runners” for Room Attendants, ensuring they are given all of the supplies necessary for success.
- Reports to: Inspectors/Supervisors
- Key Relationships: Laundry Attendants, Room Attendants, Public Area Attendants, Director of Housekeeping, Engineering, Central Services, Guest Services
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, team members, and Management.
- At least 1 year of housekeeping experience preferred.
- High School degree preferred.
- Hospitality or hotel experience preferred.
- Fluent in a foreign language preferred.
- Must be able to physically perform all tasks assigned.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and occasionally irregular shifts
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work closely with others.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to follow-through and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to physically perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to maintain and uphold all company and hotel standards.
- Ability to professionally represent “THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK” while presenting a warm, professional, and refined demeanor with guests and fellow team members.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of all hotel features, information, and events.
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentially of all guest information and internal hotel practices.
- Ability to communicate professionally with fellow team members while using a radio.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, in accordance with OSHA regulations, hotel requirements, and product recommendations
- Perform all duties in a time efficient manner
- Act efficiently and promptly as a “runner” for Room Attendants
- Remove trash and dispose of it in the proper designated area
- Ensure proper supplies, amenities, and linens are stocked
- Stock all housekeeping closets with amenities, linens, terry, and supplies
- Collect and remove all soiled terry and linens from guest floors
- Deliver all soiled linens and terry for laundering, properly labeled if applicable
- Report to laundry department any biohazardous fluids or materials in/on laundry
- Ensure all biohazardous materials are appropriately labeled
- Pick up and refill the par stock of linens in the housekeeping closets
- Inspect and sort linens and terry. Ensure all inspected linens and terry are in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK
- Ensure all housekeeping closets are arranged in the same standardized, designated manner
- Clean linen closets, including vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping
- Vacuum and/or polish