At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Housekeeping experience desirable.
v Neat, pleasant personality.
v Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
v Ability to communicate effectively.
v Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
1. Maintain the cleanliness of assigned guests floors by high dusting of walls, vacuuming, refilling, cleaning and stamping of sand urns. Clean and polish guest and service elevator door tracks. Mark removal of hallway wallpaper. Dust and wash hallway lights. Wash hallway windows. Clean vending machine rooms.
2. Assist Room Attendants with heavy lifting and trash removal.
3. Ensure that linen closets are stocked with all guest room supplies and collateral.
4. Maintain proper allotment of linens in linen closet.
5. Responsible for removing trash and soiled linens from Room Attendants carts throughout the day.
6. Responsible for cleanliness of linen closets in assigned areas, including sweeping and mopping.
7. Clean emergency stairways, including sweeping and mopping and cleaning of light fixtures.
8. Responsible care of equipment and machines.
9. Constant awareness of safety hazards (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the “Bloodborne Pathogens Program”.
10. Practice safety standards at all times.
11. Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and co-workers at all times.
1. Perform other related duties as requested by supervisors.
2. Make improvement recommendations to supervisors.
Indoor work with hard and carpeted surfaces. Occasional outdoor work. Good ventilation with artificial lighting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
About BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company: BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’s iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations. BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’s most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience. BENCHMARK’S progressive “Be The Difference” culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company, is based in The Woodlands (Houston), Texas, and has regional offices in Park City, Utah; Miami, Florida; New Brunswick, New Jersey; Seattle Washington; and Tokyo, Japan. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com
SOCIAL LINKS: Facebook, visit www.facebook.com/BenchmarkResortsandHotels, www.facebook.com/GemstoneHotelCollection. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BenchmarkHotels, www.twitter.com/GemstoneHotels , on Instagram at www.instagram.com/benchmarkresortsandhotels, www.instagram.com/gemstonehotels, At LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/benchmark-a-global-hospitality-company
Benchmark, a global hospitality company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military service obligations, citizenship status, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.