The Sheraton Madison Hotel and Marcus Hotels & Resorts are in search of a Restaurant Food & Beverage Manager to join our Food & Beverage team!
POSITION PURPOSE: Daily management of an extremely service oriented multi-faceted food and beverage operation, ensuring a balance of meeting guest and associate expectations, and hotel financial and quality goals. The F&B Manager will also be responsible for assisting in the effective operation and direction of the F&B Outlets including the Heartland Grill, Harvest Lounge, Room Service, Club Lounge, and Caf� in reference to quality, service, training, supervision of associates, quality and consistency of service, cost control, and inventory.
1. Assist Food and Beverage Director in the leadership and supervision of restaurant, room service, club and caf� staff in reference to schedules, service standards, training, motivation, and safety.
2. Assist in ensuring that all Food and Beverage outlets comply with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates. Check that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities in all Food and Beverage Outlets look appealing and attractive to guests. Follow up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
3. Interview, train and supervise Food and Beverage staff for the efficient operation of all Food and Beverage Outlets.
4. Assist in organizing and conducting pre-shift meetings, departmental meetings, communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
5. Monitor guest satisfaction in outlets by interacting with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service, determine needs, and resolve conflicts.
6. Document inventory, forecast usage and monitor supplies so that Food and Beverage Outlets are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, and condiments in order to provide service.
7. Maintain house bank.
8. Maintain relationships with other departments in hotel.
9. Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and self-image with yourself as well as subordinates.
10. Implement and support hotel policies and procedures.
11. Daily tracking of emails, post shift notes, payroll, and administrative duties.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. College education preferred.
2. A minimum of 2 years managing Food & Beverage operations, preferably in a high-volume establishment or full service hotel.
3. Strong presence, management experience and knowledge of Food & Beverage operations including a high familiarity of wine lists and pairings.
4. Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants, lounges, banquets and kitchen area.
5. Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English, to understand internal documents, reports, and to interact effectively with guests and associates.
6. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
Associate benefits include:
* Insurance offered (medical, dental, vision, life insurance) for eligible full time associates following 90 days of employment
* 401K for eligible associates following 90 days of employment
* Free meal per shift
* Free employee parking
* Hotel Room Discounts
* Movie Tickets
* Vacation for eligible associates following 1 year of employment