Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you an enthusiastic team player that enjoys interacting and creating exceptional and memorable guest experiences? Do you have a pro-active nature and an "I can help you" attitude and enjoy working with a team that appreciates it? Are you fast thinking and possess good follow through skills to ensure the job is done right?
If the answer is YES, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa has an opportunity for you!
The Hotel Operator position handles incoming and outgoing internal and external phone calls. Answers basic inquiries pertaining to hotel services, room availability, and amenities. Assists with front desk/guest services as requested.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Answers the switchboard and transfers calls to the appropriate office, department or guest room.
2. Transmits and receives messages using the appropriate equipment.
3. Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions. Responds to lost and found inquiries.
4. Ensures customers and team members receive mail, faxes, packages and messages in a timely manner.
5. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
6. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Guest service or customer service experience desired.
2. Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
3. Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation (including proficiency in Word and Excel) required.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly sits for sustained periods of time. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate telephone/office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member occasionally stoops and crouches. The team member regularly talks and hears to answer phones and communicate with guests or staff. Exerts up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view telephone console, computer terminal, documents and guests. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.