Hotel Manager On Duty (PM)
As the Evening Manager On Duty, you will fill a pivotal leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will represent the General Manager by supervising the overall hotel operation in the evening hours. Previous experience in guest services and/or food and beverage in a full service hotel is essential. Your experience and expertise will focus on maximizing profits, assisting employees and exceeding guest expectations.
What you will be doing
- Represent the General Manager and department managers in the evening hours.
- Have two or more years of Hotel Front Office, Food & Beverage Supervisor or Management experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have strong computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals.
- Monitor and track status of rooms' availability and rate strategy, to include sell out/walk situations.
- Support banquets, restaurant, bar and room service as needed.
- Support the front office as needed.
- Stay informed of activities, group arrivals and business demands in all areas of the hotel.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program