Hotel Manager (Overnight)
Location: US - IL - Chicago
Chicago, IL, US 60618
Midtown is searching for Overnight Hotel Manager to join our world class team.
Midtown is a diverse team of individuals committed to inspiring members through movement, community, and personal attention. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Each associate, whether an entry-level employee or a seasoned manager, contributes to our culture. We encourage each other toward personal and professional growth, social engagement, and service to others.
The Hotel and Club
Midtown Athletic Club and Hotel - Chicago is the largest premium athletic club in the world. Showcasing everything in one location, the new 575,000 square foot sports resort includes a 55-room hotel, full service restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, golf simulators, ice rink, basketball court, state-of-the-art fitness and the best racquet sports programs in North America.
We built the Hotel at Midtown for active travelers who desire a luxurious, beautiful atmosphere. The hotel is modern and refined in design. During their stay, they can experience every one of our fitness and wellness offerings, including two pools, a mind-body studio, a boxing gym, cycle studio, Les Mills group classes, 40 yards of indoor turf, golf simulators, and so much more. All that, plus everything you'd expect from a resort, like our rooftop bar, restaurant, and full spa.
The Overnight Manager is primarily responsible for auditing daily revenues for accuracy. S/he is responsible for maintaining an efficient and effective flow of information with guests, Team Members, managers, housekeeping, and other departments within the hotel.
The Overnight Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Midtown Athletic Club’s Spirit
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints to ensure satisfaction.
- Balance and audit for accuracy all room and tax charges, cashier's reports, and guest accounts.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
- Prepare customer tracking reports, market segmentation reports, food and beverage revenue reports, and other auditing reports necessary to ensure the accurate accounting of hotel revenues and expenses.
- Act as a hotel liaison during night hours.
- Communicate with other hotel departments as necessary to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
- Perform guest service functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations, answering hotel phone calls, and notifying guests of message.
- Conveys company information, decisions, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Act as Manager on Duty.
- Bring passion and delight to your guests and peers.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- Previous front office experience preferred
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Two years customer service experience
- One year management experience
- Basic computer, telephone, and math skills
- Strong command of English; Other languages helpful
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports and presentations
- Possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.