|Welcome to the Bright Side® at La Quinta Inns & Suites.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers
and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We
provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most
courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
- Fastest growing limited-service hotels in the North America
- Operate and provide franchise services with over 65,000 rooms in over 700 properties
- Locations in 46 states plus Canada and Mexico under the names La Quinta Inns and La Quinta Inns & Suites
- Based out of Dallas, Texas, over 9,000 employees nationwide work on the Bright Side
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at
our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of
advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter
what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our
employees attitudes. And as if that wasn't enough, we offer our guest
free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay
with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well
equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and
growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision
on panel of "experts". We make an effort to know all our employees and
help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the
largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family
La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It
doesn't matter how well we have done something in the past or how well
we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating
philosophy is very simple:
- Take care of our employees
- Take care of our guests
- Keep the hotels spotlessly clean and well maintained
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that's equally inviting and with many benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Discounted hotel stay at all of our locations
- Flex Spending account plans
At La Quinta, we serve busy, practical, hardworking travelers and take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night. La Quinta Holdings Inc. (NYSE: LQ) is a leading owner, operator and franchisor of select-service hotels primarily serving the midscale and upper-midscale segments. The Company’s owned and franchised portfolio consists of more than 830 La Quinta Inn & Suites™ and La Quinta Inn™ branded hotels representing approximately 84,000 rooms located in 47 states, as well as in Canada and Mexico. La Quinta’s team is committed to providing guests with a refreshing and engaging experience. Our guests enjoy consistently clean and comfortable guest rooms and suites with many of the frills they would expect at higher priced hotels, such as our Free Bright Side Breakfast™ and refreshing swimming pools, all at some of the most affordable and competitive rates anywhere. And because we value your input and want to keep you coming back, we continually upgrade and refurbish our properties with modern amenities and useful services that you request. At every La Quinta hotel, you'll find a dedicated staff and comfortable, affordable lodging perfect for business or leisure travel. To learn more about our culture, benefits, career advancement, training & development opportunities, search for corporate and hotel management positions, or search for hourly hotel positions, click here: http://www.lq.com/lq/about/careers/index.jsp
This position is responsible for managing the operation of the hotel’s front desk and the administration of the front office in accordance with Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security while managing costs within budgetary guidelines; responding to and resolving customer complaints and concerns and occasionally performing the tasks of a Front Desk Sales Representative (FDSR), to include operating systems for PBX, reservations and guest check-in/out.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Assist the General Manager with using business forecasts to set FDSR work schedules in accordance with budgeted labor costs. Adjust schedules as needed to meet business demands.
* Manage departmental expenses within budged guidelines. Explain causes for any budget variance, and take corrective action to avoid future variance occurrences.
* Train front desk staff in technical duties (including front office operation and central reservation systems) and proper guest service skills.
* Assist the General Manager with training FDSRs on proper revenue management procedures, including successful selling techniques, current specials and/or promotions, and rate structure and yield management policies.
* Assist the General Manager with competitive analysis and rate surveys.
* Perform assigned administrative and financial duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, bank deposits, city ledger, accounts receivables, travel agent research, lost and found, rooming lists and office supply inventory while protecting the safety of employees and guests.
* Supervise and perform FDSR and Night Auditor duties.
* Respond, as needed, to any upset guests or difficult situations. Ensure all guest service issues are resolved prior to guests leaving the property.
* Manage the 100% satisfaction guarantee and Returns Club programs. Eliminate service issues resulting in repeated invocations of the 100% guarantee.
* Ensure that the front desk staff receives satisfactory guest satisfaction, product quality, and/or mystery shopper scores. Take corrective action to improve any deficiencies.
* Be available to work a flexible schedule.
* Assist other employees in various assignments, to include operating the courtesy van and assisting with breakfast, laundry, or housekeeping duties.
* Serve as Manager-on-Duty in the absence of the General Manager and/or the Assistant General Manager.
* Recruit, hire, train, and retain employees to deliver exceptional guest service and a quality product that will lead to achieving EBITDA goals. Maintain an acceptable level of turnover.
Train and empower FDSRs to successfully handle guest needs, special requests, and complaints.
* Assist the General Manager in properly administering Human Resources polices and procedures, including payroll administration, personnel transactions, and fair and consistent employee treatment. Conduct wage surveys as needed to ensure the hotel is offering competitive wages.
* Advise and consult with General Manager regarding poor employee behavior and violation of performance standards; provide counseling and/or discipline as needed.
Safety and Security
* Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations and other applicable state and local regulations.
* Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel procedures.