Hotel Front Desk Supervisor
Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa
Location: US - FL - Sunny Isles Beach
The Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced and motivated individual for the position of Hotel Front Desk Supervisor . The position requires a high level of professionalism, excellent organization, communication skills, and detail orientation.
The Front Desk Supervisor position requires a high level of professionalism, excellent organization, communication skills, strong leadership capabilities and detail orientation. To be successful you must possess excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills. This position will assist the Front Office Manager/Asst. Front Office Manager by overseeing the responsibilities of the Front Desk staff. Ensuring that the guests are being serviced in a professional and competent manner.
- Ensures proper staffing levels of Front Desk Agents by assisting Front Office Manager/Asst. Front Office Mgr in preparing weekly schedule and maintaining proper documentation (time cards, disciplinary procedures, reviews, etc.)
- Assists the Front Office Manager/Asst. Front Office Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances.
- Communicates with the Housekeeping Department regarding guest rooms and requests.
- Communicates with the Engineering Department regarding any maintenance requests from the guests.
- Checks AM and PM discrepancy reports.
- Has complete working knowledge of MICROS system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
- Has thorough knowledge of PMS.
- Can perform all of the front desk functions to include PBX Operator and Front Desk Agent
- Assists Front Desk agents by checking guests in and out of the hotel.
- Understands how and where to post all charges.
- Receives money from guests for payment of hotel charges and makes correct change.
- Handles checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges.
- Communicate with third party booking agencies when necessary.
- Gives directions to hotel facilities, rooms and local area attractions.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist with training of all new Front Desk Agents and PBX Operators.
- Assists PBX with switchboard during their breaks. Portray leadership and provide guidance to the Front Desk associates.
- Properly handle guest complaints and/or concerns.
- Understand and operate the computer with Windows
- Stand for varying lengths of time, while operating computer and assisting guests.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous supervisory experience in a front desk hotel for at least one year.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Hilton OnQ experience is preferred.
- Friendly and hospitable personality.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule AM/PM including weekends and holidays.