Ocean Properties Hotels, Resorts and Affiliates
Location: US - NY - Warrensburg
Job Title: Controller
Reports To: Corporate Controller/General Manager
Summary: To supervise, monitor and review on all site accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, research, Accounts Receivable billing, credit and collection, and the monitoring of operations systems and procedures and control features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Cashier, Night Audit and Purchasing Manager.
- Coordinate receivables, payables, daily revenue reporting and balance sheet functions.
- Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to General Ledger and Operating Statement problems.
- Complete, in coordination with Corporate Staff Accountant, all general ledger reconciliations, including but not limited to all prepay and accrual accounts.
- Ensure a timely month end close. Detailed procedure taking approximately 2 weeks per month.
- Prepare all monthly financials for Corporate Office and Property Management.
- Produce accurate financial statements for departments of Sagamore.
- Prepare, in coordination with Corporate Staff Accountant, Balance Sheet analysis monthly and for year-end closing with auditors.
- Preparation, timely filing and payment of New York State Sales Tax monthly/quarterly as well as monthly filing of Warren County Occupancy Taxes.
- Review and reconcile on a daily basis F&B comp and submit to General Manager F&B Director and Executive Chef for review.
- Assist with proper setup and implementation of all POS systems (OPERA, MICROS, SPA SOFT, and CLUB PROFIT).
- Maintain updated files for all licenses, permits and contracts.
- Reconcile Sagamore Condominium Association monthly.Transfer funds and Issue checks as needed.
- Prepare Sagamore Condominium Association Balance Sheet analysis monthly and for year-end closing with auditors.
- Prepare Sagamore Condominium Association Annual Budget with supporting documentation and justification.
- Reconcile Sagamore Condo FF&E monthly.Transfer funds and Issue checks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred credentials and skills include:
•Minimum five years accounting experience in a leadership role.
•Advanced knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and income audit required.
•Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
•IT Support skills
•Microsoft Office with a strong proficiency in Excel
•Hotel and Timeshare background strongly preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
CHAE, CPA a plus but not required.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States to apply.