At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Help plan and coordinate timely seating of guests.
· Take reservations in person and over the phone, using professional language at all times.
· Answer telephones, responding to guest’s questions in a professional manner.
· Knowledge of resort services and amenities.
· Maintain cleanliness podium areas.
· Maintain perfectly clean uniform.
· Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
· Assist servers on an as-needed basis.
· Clean and re-set tables as needed.
· Assist in other Food and Beverage departments as needed.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· One year restaurant experience.
· Good food and service knowledge.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Bending, Reaching, Crouching, Balancing, Lifting up to 25lbs., Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills, Eye Hand Coordination, and Color Recognition. Constant Standing, Walking, Near Vision, Far Vision & Hearing.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working; outside, inside, alone, closely with others, Noise/Vibrations, above ground, with chemicals/detergents/cleaners and walking on uneven surfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.