JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Host/Hostess is to greet guests with warm hospitality and insure smooth operation so the guests receive a high level of service from all restaurant associates.
Essential Job Functions
- Display friendly attitude greeting and seating guests. Seat and present guest with clean menus. Seat all stations equitably assuring equal distribution of parties.
- Keep reception area clean and neat.
- Know locations of all outlets and services.
- Answer phone properly and promptly giving name of restaurant and identifying self.
- Be familiar with menu items and daily specials, including basic knowledge of food and ingredients.
- Assist guests in finding rooms, conference rooms, meeting rooms and banquets when necessary.
- Know what is happening on property in order to assist guests as needed.
- Assure smooth transition at shift change remaining on duty until relief is present.
- Collect and inspect all menus, discarding all worn ones and then replacing them.
- Strong menu knowledge about the offerings in the restaurant(s).
- Keep Reservation Book up to date and accurate at all times
- Responsible for the use of a bank when needed.
- Be flexible, reliable and available for scheduling due to business demands.
- Assist with bussing tables, pouring water and resetting tables as needed
- Assist managers as necessary with light administrative responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
JHM Hotels is an e-verify and equal opportunity employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.