A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Welcomes and warmly greets guests on arrival. Answers telephone, takes reservations and manages the efficient and timely seating of guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Greets guests upon arrival and seats them at their table. Provides them a menu and provides general information about the restaurants and meal options at the hotel.
- Prepares/maintains a list of guests waiting to be seated. Records guest name and number of guests in party. Provides estimate of waiting time. Notifies party when table comes available. Accommodates special seating requests when possible while balancing customer flow at tables. Keeps supervisor informed about guest counts and wait times.
- Provides seated guests a menu and introduces them to server as they are seated. Inspects table for proper presentation and completeness and notifies server of any missing items.
- Checks in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Thanks guests as they depart and invites them to return at a future date.
- Cleans work areas and waiting areas according to department standards.
- Follows all standard food handling, , sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Answers telephone and assists guests by recording reservations, providing information about menu options, and restaurant location. Responds to guest inquiries about the property and location of key areas such as restrooms, lobby, other food/beverage establishments, etc.
- Remains aware of current house count, visiting VIP's, and hotel events to provide excellent service.
- Assists service staff by running food, refilling beverages and bussing tables in dining room if needed.
- Ensures menus, check presenters and wine lists are kept clean and in good condition. Maintains cleanliness of work areas and hostess stand throughout the day. Makes silverware rollups throughout the shift. Checks the restroom and perimeter of the restaurant regularly for cleanliness and reports any needs to housekeeping staff.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Prior customer service and cash handling experience desired.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through verbal face-to-face interactions. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plateware and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as hot plateware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. Lifting is occasionally required to prepare dining areas, serve food and beverages and move garbage. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform the job such as working on computer and detecting plateware that does not meet cleanliness standards. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working inside.The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen or performing duties while outside temperatures are high. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise (or music) when working in or around the kitchen and in dining areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plateware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitch en and dining/banquet areas.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Functions).
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.