Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewYou will be responsible for greeting and seating guests, overseeing dining room maintenance, answering phones and making reservations, monitoring service to ensure guest satisfaction and answering guest questions.Essential Functions
- Warmly greet guests and escort them to their table following the proper standards
- Answer the phone and make reservations
- Answer guest questions
- Proactively support the restaurant team while monitoring dining room activity
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest requests
- Take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while maintaining an organized host stand or work area
- Sincerely thank guests leaving the restaurant and invite them to return
- Previous experience in restaurants with providing service to others preferred.
- Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Flexible schedule to include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.