Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Welcomes and warmly greets guests on arrival. Answers telephone, takes reservations
and manages the efficient and timely seating of guests to a table that best serves their
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Greets guests upon arrival and seats them at their table. Provides them a menu
and provides general information about the restaurants and meal options at the
2. Prepares/maintains a list of guests waiting to be seated. Records guest name
and number of guests in party. Provides estimate of waiting time. Notifies party
when table comes available. Accommodates special seating requests when
possible while balancing customer flow at tables. Keeps supervisor informed
about guest counts and wait times.
3. Provides seated guests a menu and introduces them to server as they are
seated. Inspects table for proper presentation and completeness and notifies
server of any missing items.
4. Thanks guests as they depart and invites them to return at a future
5. Cleans work areas and waiting areas according to department standards.
6. Follows all standard food handling, , sanitation and health department guidelines.
7. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and
procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and
takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations.
8. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Answers telephone and assists guests by recording reservations, providing
information about menu options, and restaurant location. Responds to guest
inquiries about the property and location of key areas such as restrooms, lobby,
other food/beverage establishments, etc.
2. Remains aware of current house count, visiting VIP's, and hotel events to provide
3. Assists service staff by running food, refilling beverages and bussing tables in
dining room if needed.
4. Ensures menus, check presenters and wine lists are kept clean and in good
condition. Maintains cleanliness of work areas and hostess stand throughout the
6. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints,
intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Prior customer service and cash handling experience desired.
2. Requires ability to serve needs of guest through verbal face-to-face interactions.
Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires
communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest
3. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
4. Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the
hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
7. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand
instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Pacific Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.