Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Hours: Part time, 4-20 hours per week. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
Welcomes and warmly greets guests on arrival. Answers telephone, takes reservations and manages the efficient and timely seating of guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Greets guests upon arrival and seats them at their table.
2. Prepares/maintains a list of guests waiting to be seated. Records guest name and number of guests in party. Provides estimate of waiting time. Notifies party when table comes available. Accommodates special seating requests when possible while balancing customer flow at tables. Keeps supervisor informed about guest counts and wait times.
3. Provides seated guests a menu and introduces them to server as they are seated. Inspects table for proper presentation and completeness and notifies server of any missing items.
4. Checks in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Thanks guests as they depart and invites them to return at a future date.
5. Cleans work areas and waiting areas according to department standards.
6. Follows all standard food handling, , sanitation and health department guidelines.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Prior customer service and cash handling experience desired.
2. Requires ability to serve needs of guest through verbal face-to-face interactions.
3. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
4. Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
7. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
8. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
9. Must know all applicable health standards.
10. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
DoubleTree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.