At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Greets and seats all guests at restaurant and bar, answering phones and taking room service orders if needed helping with some service and clearing of tables .
- Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner in such a way as to stimulate positive verbal or nonverbal response from the guest.
- Determine details of guest information and preferences, such as party size, seating requirements, or menu restrictions
- Escort guests to a seating location at an appropriate pace
- Ensure the seating location meets guests’ expectations
- Manage reservation/waiting list, projecting waiting times in an accurate manner, noting guest descriptions and working in conjunction with the bartenders to locate waiting guests once their table is prepared
- Answer phones with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Have thorough product knowledge so as to be able to respond to all guest inquiries with regard to menu items and specials
- Clear and re-set tables, as needed
- Maintain position at podium or return to podium as quickly as possible to position yourself for contact with next arriving, waiting or departing guest
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Be familiar with all Hotel Services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Be able to use computerized reservation system and maintain knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Keep well organized seating pace for kitchen and determine best table guests first then for servers
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and closing side duties
- Take guest orders and record for room service..