Tofino is a small town brimming full of adventure. Popular activities around town include: fishing, kayaking, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, golfing, art appreciation and so much more. Musicians and artisans thrive in Tofino with it's numerous galleries, festivals, and culturally-inspired events. Annually, you can partake in the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, The Tofino Food & Wine Festival, The Shorebird Festival, the Clayoquot Oyster Festival, and the list goes on. There's always something to do here, and always interesting new friends to try it with. Tofino is a town of earth-lovers. We bike and walk when we can, and pick up trash if we see it. We strive to include this earth-loving strategy in all departments of the Inn, and work towards not only promoting the unique climate around us, but to preserve and protect it as well.
There is a place where your co-workers are warm and friendly, the guests you greet are interesting and unique, and your work place is surrounded by pristine rainforest, idyllic beaches, and the rush of the Pacific Ocean. After a fulfilling day you hop on your bike, and head home along a well-used bike trail, where you pass families, couples, tourists and locals all out enjoying the adventure of the rugged west coast. When you get home you pull on your wetsuit, grab your board and hit the waves on one of Tofino's numerous surf hot spots. Not into surfing? You'll want to try it once you've seen these unique athletes attempt to tame the wild pacific. This is our daily life at the Wickaninnish Inn, in Tofino, British Columbia.
We strive to provide our employees with work / life balance, ensuring they have ample time to relax away from work and take advantage of the unique destination where we live. We encourage internal promotion, providing our employees with the opportunity to grow and develop, both as an individual, and in their career. Our employees are the type of people who go that extra mile for not only their guests, but their co-workers and neighbours as well. We employ team-oriented people, who don't hesitate to take on an extra task. Our employees make the Inn their own, and offer customer service at the highest level possible, as though you were welcoming a beloved relative into your own home. We offer introductory staff accommodation, competitive wages, and a comprehensive extended health care plan, including dental & eye care.
The Host at The Pointe Restaurant is often the first point of contact for guests who are about to embark on an amazing dining experience. This pivotal position comes in contact with guests from a variety of demographic with a high level of expectations. The role of the Host is to exceed those expectations each and every time.
- Ensuring efficient and personalized guest service meeting AAA 4 & 5 Diamond Standards
- Taking reservations and checking future bookings
- Organizing seating plan
- Welcoming and seating guests
- Phone answering
- Preparation of dining room for evening
- Assisting servers in any way possible
- Various administration tasks including, but not limited to, entering restaurant statistics and maintaining menus
- Saying farewell to guests and perform quality assurance check
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Willingness to learn and be constantly challenged to grow with the restaurant team
- Previous fine dining or host/hostess experience an asset
- General knowledge of food and wine
- An appreciation for detail and customer service
- Professionalism and positive attitude in every aspect of the position
- Consistent punctuality and dedication
- Confident guest service skills and a calm, polite and composed demeanor
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to make a commitment of 1 year to the position
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.